Tuesday 19 March 2013

Really Easy Slow Cooker Leek and Potato Soup


My absolute favourite homemade soup is Jamie Oliver’s leek and potato soup from his Ministry of Food book.
This is my version of potato and leek soup, using the slow cooker as I find it saves time and doesn’t leave me with a huge soup pan with onions stuck to the bottom to wash up :) I am a huge fan of my slow cooker and have found so many amazing recipes for it since stumbling upon the crockpot365 blog.
This soup makes loads and it freezes and reheats really well so I always try and keep a stock of it in the freezer. Really yummy and warming with some nice crusty bread!
P1060457

Ingredients:
2 carrots
2 potatoes (about 500g if you want to be precise)
2 leeks
2 onions
2 cloves of garlic
2l vegetable stock (I made mine using 2l boiled water from kettle and 4 Knorr stock pots)

Method:
1) Peel and chop all the veggies and garlic.
2) Bung it all in the slow cooker with the stock.
3) Cook on low all day (6-8 hours) or on high for 4-6 hours. Check your veggies are all soft before the next step.
4) Blend the soup with a hand blender. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5) Serve or save for later.

No comments:

Post a Comment