Wednesday 13 March 2013

Mackerel Stir Fry


My mum used to make this for us when we were kids 30 years ago and I now cook it for my family - it is a great way to  get young children to eat oily fish like mackerel,  you just have to check for bones when flaking the mackerel. I tend to use whatever vegetables I have to hand or what is in season.  
total £4.89*

Boil rice for 10 minutes, drain.

Stir fry finely diced carrots, pepper and courgettes for a couple of minutes, then add the sweetcorn and peas, cook for a further 2 mins.
Add the lightly beaten eggs to the side of the wok or frying pan and allow to cook, when cooked add to the vegetables.
Add the cooked drain rice and mix with the vegetables and egg.  Add the flaked mackerel and splash of soy sauce and heat through.  Serve. 

No comments:

Post a Comment